Sunday, August 17, 2014

Getting Back Into The Kitchen

Pin It Now!      I have had a couple of interesting attempts at making food recently. Once day I had tons of energy so I made some Black Bean Burgers, and muffins. Well I quickly learned muffins don't work if you forget baking powder/baking soda. They come out like lumps of clay. OOPS!! (We can blame that on pregnancy brain!) My second attempt to make something new was Zucchini Bread. In true pregnancy brain fashion I forgot to put in the baking powder after I had loaded into my pan and had to put it back in the bowl to mix in the powder. It came out so yummy I'm really happy I remembered before it was to late.
Zucchini Bread
2 Loaf Pans, lined with parchment paper
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1/2c butter (I used red palm oil shortening because of our allergy)
1/2c honey 
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2c unsweetened applesauce
2 medium zucchini grated
(3-4 cups)
1/2 chocolate chips (optional)
preheat oven to 350

1. In a mixing bowl combine flour,salt,baking powder & cinnamon. whisk together
2. In a separate bowl mix eggs butter (in our case palm oil shortening) honey& vanilla together until smooth
3. Slowly add applesauce
4. Mix in dry ingredients
5. add zucchini and chocolate chips
6. Mix well then fill loaf pans 3/4 of the way
7. Bake 35-45 min until a toothpick will come out clean

***This will freeze well if you slice and then freeze***


     I have used this as a afternoon treat all week and we have really enjoyed it. I hope your family does too! 

~Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment