Sunday, June 15, 2014

Making My Own Chia Pods

Pin It Now!    So I found these great yummy treats at Whole Foods a few months back, Chia Pods. They are a very quick convenient and seems to be healthy snack. They are dairy free, gluten free, vegan and only contain 3-4 ingredients. Coconut milk is one of their ingredients and I'm always worried about which coconut milk was used. The other downside to these treats are they are about $3.50 each which is pretty expensive.
    This past week we got some yummy champagne mangoes in our produce delivery box. I noticed last night they were SUPER ripe and would be great to puree so my idea for homemade Chia Cups came about. I have only made Mango flavor so far but Bennett loved them so I'm planning on trying more flavors later in the week!

Mango Chia Cup
what you need:
*1c almond milk
*1/3c culinary coconut cream
*2 small mangoes or 1 large mango
*3Tbsp chia seeds
To Make:
Peel and slice mangoes and put into blender. Add coconut cream and almond milk. Blend until smooth. 
Looking Yummy Already!!!

Place 1Tbsp of Chia Seeds in each container and then pour mango mixture over the seeds. I distribute  mixture evenly between the 3 containers. Whisk the seeds and mixture together really well then seal and place in the fridge. The Chia Seeds will cause the mixture to turn into a nice jello like texture. It will keep sealed for 3-5 days. 


     I hope everyone is thinking about what yummy fruit they can use in their Chia Cups! I'm thinking about trying plum next. 

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful fathers and step-fathers! What's everyone making for their someone special today?? 

~Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment