Thursday, June 12, 2014

Reuseable Pouch Update

Pin It Now!      Good News.... these are awesome! I was a little worried about the filling and cleaning of our new reusable pouches and as it turns out they are super easy. I was also a little nervous about the "zipper" since Bennett doesn't just suck the food out he likes to squeeze the life out of them.

     I like preparing the puree in advance and freezing that way you can just throw 3 food cubes in and allow them to melt on their own. SUPER EASY! I have filled them with a fresh puree straight out of the blender  and that was fine also. I just wipe any spills on the zipper away. These guys have made it through many car rides, trips to the pool, and playground time!



All Sealed and Ready ToGo! 



     To clean just fill with HOT soapy water shake it up and then empty. I do use a small brush on the top and zipper to make sure there is nothing left in any nook or crannie. To dry I keep the top of and stand them up on my bottle rack. They are usually dry within an hour and I store them in our "baby cabinet".

                                                                 Squash and Zucchini 
*1 Fresh Yellow Squash
*1 Fresh Zucchini
(organic when possible) 

Cut squash and zucchini into chunks and place into a medium size microwave safe bowl. Cover bowl with a CLEAN towel or paper towel and cook for 2 minutes. Take out and place contents of the bowl into blender and blend. (If you don't have a super strong blender you might need to microwave for 3-5 min) 
This is super easy and freezes very well! 















     Another awesome idea I tried this weekend was to put plain yogurt with 1 frozen cube of fruit puree. The frozen cube will add flavor to the yogurt all the while keeping the yogurt cold and fresh. I do recommend eating within an hour. We buy plain goat yogurt in a 32oz. tub since Bennett has a dairy allergy. I am sure that you could use any type of yogurt though. 

     Sending sweet kisses from our family to yours on this rainy spring day! 
~Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment