Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Best Easy Blueberry Muffins

Pin It Now!
     Ahhh, Blueberry Muffins. They truly pull on my heartstrings, and are a favorite from my childhood. I remember making them with my Grandmother when I was young. It was actually one of the few things that she would make out of a box. So trying to come up with something not from a box  that can recreate these memories has not been easy. Then today I did it! I hit the jackpot of homemade Blueberry Muffins.


     These muffins are extremely moist, and full of the taste of blueberries. My grandmother told me you always have to buy the box with "wild blueberries", and don't ever drain the juice. So while poking around Whole Foods one day I found bags of frozen organic wild blueberries. Since these don't come in juice I just decided to add in the whole bag! 


     What you need:
2c whole wheat flour
2/3c coconut palm  sugar 
(you can use cane sugar or honey)
3tsp baking powder
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp sea salt
1/2c whole milk
(you can also use almond or hemp milk)
1/2stick butter (melted)
2 eggs room temp
1tsp vanilla 
1 1/2-2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
muffin pan, lined 
preheated oven to 400

What to do:
1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk lightly to blend. Set bowl aside
2. In another mixing bowl combine milk, butter, eggs and vanilla. Whisk together until blended
3. Pour your wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and mix just until blended. Over mixing will cause muffins to loose their fluffy texture
4. fold in blueberries
5. spoon mixture into muffin pan and bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick will come out clean. 
6. Serve and enjoy!! 

Good luck keeping these around the house for very long!

No comments:

Post a Comment