Monday, November 10, 2014

Most Helpful Kitchen Tools

Pin It Now!
     Hi everyone, I hope you all had an awesome weekend! Yesterday I finally got back into the kitchen and Chris joined me. We had a nice afternoon while Bennett napped, we got to cook and chat! We really got a lot done and it felt great. We also started talking about how far I've come learning to cook and what the most helpful kitchen tools have been. So I put together a list of my top 8 favorite kitchen tools that have helped me learn to cook for my family. Hopefully this will help you as you begin to cook more for your family.

1. Vitamix- I literally use mine everyday! Sometimes multiple times in a day. I've made everything from baby food to ice cream in it. I've never had a blender that makes food so smooth. None of Bennett's baby food came out chunky and none of our smoothies are anything less than smooth! This is a splurge for sure, but totally worth it. 

2. Oxo Food Chopper- This was something I wanted but didn't want to buy, however chopping onions burns my eyes and I don't always want to use my Food Processor. This is VERY easy to clean and will chop or dice something perfectly. A real time saver in my opinion. 

3. Cheese Grater-  When we decided to steer away from packaged processed food that includes buying pre sliced or pre shredded cheese. I have to say I really enjoy grading cheese. (very odd I know!) It really doesn't take that long to be honest and maybe I just feel good about it because I know it's really the best choice. So now we only buy blocks of cheese. (If you eat lots of cheese I recommend buying 2 or 3, so you don't have to wash them by hand) 

4.Crock Pot/Dutch Oven- These both get a lot of use in our house. Since Chris and I both work we are busy. So being able to set it and forget it really helpful. Food always comes out tender and moist. It's also nice to come home to a house that smells like a freshly cooked meal. So dinner is warm and ready when we get here! 


5.Scanpans- Seriously these are the best pans you guys! We actually are replacing pots and pans we got for our wedding with these. We have only been married 6 years and our fancy All-Clad has not held up. Yes we take VERY good care of them and they are still a let down. I'm sure it's user error but I need something I don't need to worry about so much. The non-stick on these is awesome and you can put them in the dishwasher! Woohoo, dishes just got a little easier. 

6.Parchment Paper- I NEVER knew something existed that made clean up so much easier. Before Bennett was born we stayed with friends for a few days and I noticed she lined all of her baking sheets when this paper looking stuff. I've never been so happy I asked about something. Yes I still wipe my baking sheets off after every use, but it's a lot easier. A little confession: I hate doing dishes! 

7.Mixing Bowls- This seems so obvious but you really do need some good glass or stainless steel ones. While plastic ones are typically less expensive they don't usually hold up that well. 

     So the good news is that the holidays are right around the corner and these are all good ideas to put on your list. They also make great gifts!! Have an awesome week everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment