Monday, October 13, 2014

Homemade Apple Pie Larabars

Pin It Now!
     I was so excited when I was in Earth Fare the other day and this idea came to me. We were looking at all the dried fruit and when I saw the apples I knew we had to give this a try. They are AMAZING, and a great fit for the season! They are made from 5 simple ingredients, and only take about 20 minutes total.
Apple Pie Snack Bars
what you need:
2/3lb dried dates
1/3lb dried apples (unsweetened, without peel)
 finely chopped walnuts
3tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp nutmeg

What to do:
1. make sure your dates are pitted, if they aren't go ahead and pull them apart to get the pits out (super easy!) 
2. Put dates in the food processor and process until smooth and pasty or a ball forms in your processor, set in a mixing bowl
3. run apples thru the food processor, until they are in small pieces. Put into mixing bowl with the dates
4. chop walnuts into fine pieces (I use my Mini Chopper for nuts). Put into the mixing bowl with the dates and apples
5. add cinnamon and nutmeg into your mixing bowl
6. using your hands, mix all the ingredients together really well and form it into a ball.
7. place it between two sheets of wax paper, and using a rolling pin flatten your mixture out until it's about 1/2" thick. place in the fridge wrapped in wax paper
8. Once chilled use a pizza cutter to slice and serve. This keeps really well for up to 2 weeks. (good luck keeping them around that long!!)

I hope everyone has a great week, and these will make snack time easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment