Friday, October 3, 2014

Easy Pumpkin Walnut Bread

Pin It Now!    
     It has taken me a few years but I have really jumped on the pumpkin wagon. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons so really it only makes sense to love fall produce too. If you follow me on instagram (@theeasyappetite) then  you know we have gotten into pumpkin already this year. So I decided to try my hand at pumpkin bread. The first attempt was a fail (pregnancy brain allowed me to forget my seasoning, really??), but the second was a total success. 


     
     I decided to bake this bread in mini loafs, I didn't do this for any other reason than I think they are really cute! They also make great little gifts if you are going to someone's house. Another great thing about this recipe is it freezes really well. I freeze it sliced but you can also freeze it whole. I go ahead and slice it so B gets a piece with breakfast or lunch every day, I just microwave it wrapped in a paper towel for about 30 seconds and it comes out warm and moist. If you freeze the whole loaf to defrost just put it in the refrigerator the night before serving. 
sliced and ready to freeze! I use a wax paper lined
baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen I store in a
Ziplock bag.
     One last thing I should add about this recipe is while baking your house will smell AMAZING! I think that might be my favorite part about baked goods that have cinnamon in them. The smell that fills the downstairs of my house is so warm and inviting. Like we should all snuggle on the sofa with hot apple cider and a slice of pumpkin bread. 

Easy Pumpkin Walnut Bread
what you need:
2 cans pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2c finely chopped walnuts
1 3/4c Whole Wheat Flour
1tsp Baking soda
2tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
3/4tsp nutmeg
3/4tsp cloves
1/4tsp salt
1 stick butter (softened)
1/2c honey
1 egg
1tsp vanilla
2 loaf pans
preheat 350

what to do:
1. In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Whisk together

2. In a separate mixing bowl beat together butter and honey until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and continue to beat on low until creamy and smooth. 

3. Add creamy mixture to dry ingredients and stir until blended. (don't over stir if it's on the dry side that's fine bc you still have to add the pumpkin and walnuts)

4. fold in pumpkin until smooth and blended

5. fold in walnuts

6. pour into greased loaf pan and bake on 350 for 50-60 min. 

     So add pumpkin and spices to your shopping list this week! I promise this recipe will not let you down. 




     

No comments:

Post a Comment