Friday, September 5, 2014

My Favorite Vegetarian Meal

Pin It Now!
     WOW! What a fun and busy week this has been. I've been making hair beautiful during the first half of the day and coming home to a silly toddler learning to make monkey sounds. (I can't even handle the cuteness) We did our follow up blood testing with the allergist and although tears were involved I was very proud of my little man. I can't wait to get the results and update you all. So, while Bennett's food has been easily reheated (YAY! For batch cooking!!) mine has needed to be quick and easy all week. At the end of a long day I don't feel like cooking a huge meal for 1. I thought I should share this very filling, very easy meal. I hope you all enjoy.

Portobello Stack 
what you need: 
1 large portobello cap 
balsamic vinegar
garlic powder
1/2cup spinach 
2 tomato slices 
1 slice provolone cheese

What to do: 
1. wash portobello and pat dry. Marinate portobello in the balsamic and garlic powder cover both sides of the mushroom but not fully submerged in marinade 
2. light grill to medium heat (you can also cook in sauté pan) 
3. place mushroom meat side down on hot grill 
4. after 6 min turn meat side up and cook 2 more min until slightly tender
5. stack spinach, tomato and allow to cook for 1-2 min with grill top closed
6. lay cheese slice over top of tomato to complete your "stack" close grill top to melt cheese
7. Serve hot and enjoy!


**for Bennett's  Dairy allergy I would leave off the cheese making it dairy free.
**For gluten free make sure your vinegar and garlic powder do not contain gluten and the rest of your ingredients are naturally gluten free!

Kale Salad
What you need:
Kale
diced red onion
raisins 
poppy seed dressing

What to do:
1. Wash and shred Kale, dry 
2. In a salad bowl place kale, handful of red onion & raisins 
3. pour 1Tbsp poppy seed dressing over salad and toss 


    These are both so delicious and great options for a vegetarian guest you have coming over this weekend. Give them a try and let me know what you think. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 



p.s. please remember to pin and recipes you would like to share with friends, or share on Facebook. Let's spread the yummy ideas around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment