Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Today Deserves Brownies!!!

Pin It Now!

     Hello everyone!! I hope that you all have had a wonderful start to your week. I actually had a whole blog post planned about our weekend for today but I been so excited I just had to sit and be excited for awhile.
     We went for additional allergy testing last week and they took his blood to get a more exact read on how allergic he is to what. First things first we no longer have to worry about shellfish, as in he can eat it and be fine. He still can not have peanuts or any peanut product, but his allergy number came back low. This means we are holding out hope that he will outgrow this allergy and/or it won't be a life threatening one. He is also still allergic to dairy but his numbers are low enough that we are going in for a "food challenge" next week at the doctor's office. A food challenge is me making a muffin or cake that has milk as an ingredient and letting Bennett chow down in the doctors office. A very long story cut short is I was in tears on the phone with the nurse. O HAPPY DAY!!! Bennett has a real chance at growing out of his allergies.

     This good news calls for an amazing dessert tonight after dinner. I usually do not make dessert for just myself but my Chewy Gooey Brownies where calling my name. These are so tasty and rich, it doesn't take a very big piece to cure a sweet tooth. Even a celebratory sweet tooth!

Chewy Gooey Brownie 
what you need:
2 sticks of butter
2 c chocolate chips
4 eggs
1c coconut palm sugar
(you can also use organic cane sugar)
1tsp vanilla 
1c whole wheat flour
preheat oven to 350

What to do:
1. Melt butter on stove or in the microwave, add chocolate chips and stir until melted
2. In another bowl, beat eggs (on medium for 2-3 min) 
3. Slowly add sugar and vanilla 
4. Add chocolate mixture, then flour
5. Pour into greased 9x13 pan and cook for 25-28 min. 
(If using a clear pan back on 325)


     Good luck not spooning this straight out of the pan! Enjoy everyone,




*remember to please share us on Facebook and pin your favorite recipes! 


**Allergy info: to make dairy free I use earth Balance buttery sticks and 1 cup of almond milk, and vegan chocolate chips
**To make gluten free you could you easily use almond meal, I  have not tried this but if you do please let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment