Sunday, May 17, 2015

Almond Cookies

Pin It Now!      COOKIES!....... O, how I love sweets. Since having baby Griffin I crave them. I tell myself that it's okay because I'm breastfeeding so it must be what the baby needs. What am I going to do when I no longer have this excuse (that is totally over played)? I feel less guilt about sweets when I make them myself, since I know everything that goes in the recipe.

     Recently my husband discovered the Almond Cookies that Whole Foods bakery sells. O My Gosh they are amazing! However at $1.29/each, I could no longer crave 2 every day. That is where this recipe idea came from. It is so close and maybe even better than the real thing.

Almond Cookies
 you need:
1c unbleached wheat flour
1c almond flour
1c sugar 
3tsp baking powder
2 sticks of butter or earth balance buttery spread sticks melted
1egg (room temp)
1/2tsp vanilla extract
2tsp almond extract
1c sliced almonds
preheat oven to 325

What to do:
1. In a large mixing bowl add the flours, sugar and baking powder. Whisk together
2. In a separate bowl whisk together butter egg vanilla and almond extract 
3. combine wet ingredients into dry until moist (don't over mix)
4. add sliced almonds and mix
5. on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet scoop "big spoon" (TBSP) size mounds onto the cookie sheet, you will need 2 large cookie sheets
6. Bake for 13-15 min, you don't want them brown just tan. Serve cooled and ENJOY!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment