Friday, September 19, 2014

Belgian Waffle Recipe

Pin It Now!

     I'm not sure if any of you have caught onto this but I love brunch foods! When I say it is my favorite meal of the week I'm not kidding, I wish it was an everyday thing. Who doesn't love a 4 course breakfast served in the middle of the day? The wonderful thing about waffles is that you can also serve them for dinner with Fried Chicken. I have not attempted Fried Chicken but when I do I will let your know!

     We have used mixes in the past and I have to say none compare to homemade. These freeze very well, and are easily reheated in the toaster or your oven. You can also prepare the batter the night before, just cover and store in the fridge.

What you need:
2c Whole Wheat Flour
2/3c organic cane sugar
3 1/1tsp baking powder
1 1/2c whole milk
2  eggs separated
2 sticks butter
1tsp vanilla extract

What to do:
1. in a large bowl combine flour, sugar & baking powder. Whisk together
2. In another bowl beat eggs yolks until creamy. Add milk, butter and vanilla 
what creamy egg yolks look like 
3. add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir together until just combined 
4. in another bowl beat egg whites on high until stiff. Fold into mixture
Stiff and foamy egg whites
5. spread onto preheated waffle iron, cook until golden brown. Serve warm with your favorite topping! 



Our Favorite Toppings
*fresh fruit
*almond butter
*peanut butter
*pure maple syrup
*use waffles as bread and make a breakfast sandwich 
with egg bacon and a little syrup

Allergy Information
I can honestly say I have used quite a few substitutes on this recipe. For dairy I have used almond milk and breast milk, both worked wonderfully. For butter I have used earth balance buttery spread, it also worked well. 


     I would love to hear all of your ideas for toppings! I hope everyone makes time for an awesome brunch this weekend. 

Happy Friday Everyone, 



*please remember to pin or share this recipe with your friends!
*waffle iron I love Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment