Monday, May 26, 2014

I LOVE White Vinegar

Pin It Now!      Have any of you ever seen the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Remember how the dad uses windex to fix EVERYTHING? Well Chris (my husband) tells me white vinegar is my windex. You can honestly replace some harsh chemical cleaners with vinegar. You and your whole house will NOT smell like vinegar, promise.
What to use Vinegar for

    * Leave out the fabric softener of your next load of laundry and cut your detergent in half. Using a detergent cap (I have one saved from many moons ago) fill it with white vinegar and pour it into the fabric softener slot of the washing machine. Your towels will be fluffy, your workout clothes fresh smelling, and your sheets will breath again! This was the first and best white vinegar tip I got.



    *Veggie & Fruit Wash is our newest use. Pour vinegar into a measuring cup and then pour over fruits/veggies. Doing this will cut down on waste that will come from pouring it straight out of the bottle. Rinse throughly with cool water and your food will taste fresh and yummy. The vinegar will naturally kill any mold or gross things that might be growing on your food that you can't see yet. I have noticed that if I do this when I get home from the store my berries will last for at least 5 days. Just allow them to dry in the strainer before putting them in a storage container.

     *Hardwood Floor Cleaner. In a large bucket mix 2 cups of vinegar per 1/2 gallon of hot water. Use this to clean your hardwares with a mop or rag of your choice. This will help harden the top coat of poly on your floors and will help keep the shine.

     *Jean Refresher  Fill a spray bottle 3/4 of the way with warm water, fill it the rest of the way with vinegar. Shake well. Mist your day old jeans front and back and hang them up. Once dry they will be fresh and ready to wear. This will keep your jeans from fading since you won't be washing them as often. Plus who doesn't want a little less laundry???

     *Face Toner Use apple cider vinegar for this one ladies. Put a little apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and rub on your clean face after you wash and before you moisturize. (disclaimer is I like this and witch hazel equally)

     *Breast Feeding Mom's Cure To Thrush So honestly this worked very well for me. I couldn't get rid of my thrush for what felt like forever. I even took an oral medicine. Put a little vinegar on a clean cotton ball and apply vinegar to your nipples before and after each time you nurse or pump. This sounds crazy I know but it works!

     *Ringworm Apply vinegar to clean cotton ball and apply to face 4-6 times daily. Try to leave ringworm spot exposed to air so it will dry out faster. The more moisture the ringworm has the larger it will grow.

     *Diaper Rash A chemical free way to rid your baby of a nasty rash. This doesn't work for all rashes but it is worth a shot! Just put vinegar on a clean cotton ball and apply to diaper rash.  

     *Smelly Spaces  Are your yogi toes starting to smell from all the hot yoga? Add a little extra vinegar next time you wash your yoga gear and the smell will go away. Dishwasher smelling funky? Run it with vinegar. Front load washer stinky? clean it with vinegar and leave front door open to allow air to circulate.

       Okay everyone I hope you will give at least one of these a try. All of these are tried and true little home remedies. If anyone has more suggestions please leave them in the comments below. It is so fun to me that a $3 bottle of vinegar can replace so many costly chemicals.

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!!
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment