Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Easy Spinach Berry Salad

Pin It Now!
     Hi all! I hope everyone's week is going well. It's so amazing to me how fast this time of year flies by. We all get so busy, and I'm not sure about you but sometimes I forget what day it is. I feel like this is also the time of year where during the week we just "grab dinner somewhere". We are trying very hard to break that habit in our home as you all know. So when my girlfriend Mallory (you know her better as Charming in Charlotte) brought this DELICIOUS Spinach Berry Salad over to our house I knew it needed to be shared!

     I'm usually not a fan of the "more creative" salads, but this by far the best spinach salad I've ever had. It can be your main course by adding some tenderloin or grilled chicken. You can also use it as an appetizer or side by simply leaving the meat off.

     Have picky eaters coming to your house for dinner? This salad will fit the bill. Leaving the bleu cheese off will fit the bill for the paleo diets and dairy free guests. Leaving the meat and cheese off will be perfect for your vegan and vegetarian friends. It makes being accommodating to your guests so easy. (I hope you can read my excitement oozing off of the page!!)







Spinach Berry Salad
what you need:
1 bag baby spinach 
1pint Blueberries
1c strawberries, cut into quarters
1c grapes, cut into halves 
1/2c almond slices
1/4c raisins 
1/2c bleu cheese crumbles
balsamic dressing, to taste 

Optional toppings:
grilled chicken (blackened)
beef tenderloin
prime rib

What to do:
   1. Put ingredients in order into a large salad bowl. Toss before serving. 
This will keep in the fridge undressed for 3-4 days. 



ENJOY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment